17th April: Hundreds of actions around the world to celebrate the International Day of Peasants’ Struggles

Posted by Peace is real! Peace is real!
(Jakarta, 16th April 2013) Small-scale farmers and their allies are celebrating the International Day of Peasant's Struggle tomorrow, 17th of April 2013, organizing hundreds of actions and demonstrations all over the globe.

 This event commemorates the massacre of 19 landless farmers demanding access to land and justice in 1996 in Brazil (1).

 A full list of actions, ranging from university lectures and workshops to the occupation of land and government institutions is available on the website www.viacampesina.org. A map of actions will also be updated on a daily basis.

 The international farmers’ movement La Via Campesina is mobilizing this year by continuing to oppose the current international offensive by some States and large corporations to grab land from farmers, women and men, who have been cultivating it for centuries. We are also opposing the commercialization of nature and the Commons, which is something that is leading to a massive dispossession of people who are simply living on the land. Farmers, be they men or women are particularly affected.

 This day of day action is taking place in the year when La Via Campesina’s is celebrating its 20th anniversary. To launch the next 20 years of struggle, we are calling for a massive  day of mobilization on 17th April, to reclaim our food systems that are being increasingly occupied by transnational capital. It is also happening few months before LVC convenes its 6th International Conference that will be held in June, in Jakarta Indonesia.

 Tomorrow, Farmers organizations will occupy the Ministry for Agriculture in Dominican Republic, to oppose the mining industry and will march and occupy land in Bahia, Brazil, as well as organize a public demonstration in Portugal. In Mozambique, the National Union of Farmers, UNAC, is organizing a conference on land and seeds in Mozambique. In Europe, the European Coordination of Via Campesina (ECVC) is joining this celebration and organizing, a European conference, open to the public, on 17th April, in the framework of its General Assembly. The event is co-organized by its Spanish member COAG (from the Canary Islands) and will be held in Fuerteventura.

 According to Chavannes Jean-Baptiste, member of the coordination committee of La Via Campesina and representative of the Caribbean region, “land grabbing is a criminal act against peasants and indigenous peoples in the whole world.  In Haiti, we consider it to be a new kind of colonization. On the 17th of April 2013, all farmers’ organizations will mobilize right across the planet to say NO to this scourge.”

For interviews and more information
 Henry Saragih (in English): +62 811655668 (Indonesia)

 Ibrahim Coulibaly (in French)  +22366761126 (Mali)

 Isabel Vilalba (In Spanish); 0034608905444 (Galicia)

More information on www.viacampesina.org
 E-mail: viacampesina@viacampesina.org

(1) On April 17th 1996, in the Amazonian state of Pará, at Eldorado dos Carajás, the state military police massacred peasants organized in the Movement of Landless Rural Workers (MST), killing 19 individuals. That day, 1500 women and men organized in the MST occupied and blocked the BR-150 highway in Eldorado dos Carajás, with the aim of bringing pressure to bear on the State and Federal governments to implement agrarian reform. At about 4pm, 155 state military police from two brigades surrounded the MST on the highway, firing tear-gas, live ammunition and machine guns. In addition to the 19 MST killed during the massacre, three more died later from injuries, and 69 people were wounded. State authorities, the police, the army and powerful local landowners were involved in the planning and executing of the massacre.

 See also CLOC-VC call: April 17th: International Day of Peasants´ Struggles - Call for Action - Cloc Via Campesina
 --
La Via Campesina
 Via Campesina is an international movement of peasants, small- and medium-sized producers, landless, rural women, indigenous people, rural youth and agricultural workers. We are an autonomous, pluralist and multicultural movement, independent of any political, economic, or other type of affiliation. Born in 1993, La Via Campesina now gathers about 150 organisations in 70 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas.

Follow us on facebook | twitter | vimeo
  Siganos en facebook | twitter | vimeo
  Suivez nous sur facebook | twitter | vimeo

International Operational Secretariat:

Jln. Mampang Prapatan XIV no 5 Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta 12790 Indonesia

Tel/fax: +62-21-7991890/+62-21-7993426

Email: viacampesina@viacampesina.org

1 Comment

Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: 17th April: Hundreds of actions around the world to celebrate the International Day of Peasants’ Struggles

thank you La Via Campesina, for what you do + we truly enjoy the wealth of good resources you are plugged into!

   I would like to define if I can speak or email one/the global movement, so as to merge ideas of building a global platform.

I think you have a very good one + I've offered this before but no response.

so I keep restructuring our forum;

   I offer to all to unite on a few titles that we could focus direct together with our local students, so they take part giving hands on to those in need so as rehabs can be figured out to then support all short + long term, for all to come to table + to a `plan land freshwater flow to sea review.

so now in this platform schools can together with all co_evolve the curriculum, maybe start replacing what is difficult to add the many solutions many are doing, that are just not networked due to misuse/abuse.

so either you would allow me to incorporate with you this structure on your site, or we link with one we make;

 so a global platform shows us positive applications for all to build new neuro networks, plug in as school curriculum co-evolves to restore ecological sustainable working communities that harmonize.

where facts are researched/network via like ecosystem/subject to trigger what can be brought home + applied.

welcoming those that leave negative effects into a tapering transitions, where good economical modes of investment will always be on the table by students do-in homework so now it is clear for all to rethink, make wrongs right. become whole.

so all become a responsible local, global + beyond participant.

with gentle bell alerts we collectively become solution oriented to reach out to resolve when negative experiences are on the horizon, long before they get to injury, etc.

once these Free Trade even some fair that is not free sees our global uniting with good transitions, we can then have less resistance as we restructure + organize.

a rep from each community can experience posting/retrieving as equality is built interacting.

their is no better experience then to have our innerpersonal reflection beam an energy that now fills in our missing understandings. self-reflect + see how important all can play a part as we self-develop as we come together volunteer to then work into self-satisfaction with out leaving footprints.

fact finding will display what resistance detail so locals hold all accountable + self, locally + afar.

this reflection as students within all do this local walkabout as prerequisites then gives real hand applications vs that which is not working in schools.

rather in seeing such dysfunction in misuse/abuse, their energy will collectively fuel the missing links to become clear.

pen pals working together then fuels each to walk their path as they build it into their opening. so we define ways so all can explore this unique earth + beyond + with these local prerequisite all can then continue to respect simple life as they live as a local as their sensitivity will aid each community restoration.

this is a synergy changing the mode of resistance as we organize harmony.

I would like to work with you on this to incorporate this shift for too many are do_in too good + we can be fueled to understand what we can collectively do when we could not do alone.

as well in the inner personal reflection we redirect our energy, conserve vs be negative or upset against one that is still our human family.

we have much seriousness to focus on as our objective is to live simple natural lives, unite locally in markets so all self-sustain + stop the products from being depleted + shipped afar or brought in for dependency..

rather if we focus direct our local natural food/medicine we can regain local sovereignty.

this challenge of defining these worn torn links in every community will become easier as students open their schoolrooms into + with the community + locally + afar, we learn the greatness many of you have to share how to `boon with the natural world.

we are fortunate to have as in Miguel Altieri`s agro-ecology created from indigenous still do_in.

so we have a plan + your feedback is welcomed so we can continue to structure a global platform to reflect, as we harness this disassociated energy that is real + does harm. yet if we work at this together to build self-reliance, restoring each local community. we then can create more options.

to truly put serious issues on the global table + local, as now they will shift + principals will be unable to continue if no support is given to them.

today I will locally be contacting over a dozen schools to define what works best to infiltrate what works so we calmly co_evolve.

many history books are wrong/media is controlled + people in US have no clue of many sufferings produced from even their neighbor do_in these acts afar.

students showing tallies locally of this detail will help people understand how we ourselves can stop supporting + make better choices from products/service links we will build + ask all to stay in real time.

I've volunteered a lot in UN world we want 2015, you can see my posts, as well Barack Obamas OFA/Fellowship from afar, seeing clearly that I told them I will only continue if I get paid + we incorporate our `way. which would be what I briefly give over view above.

why I did this in past is because they all are stating too much dysfunction + we must make change.

but what we see this way is more efficiently friendly + I feel if we restructure + work the wild in respect to all life, it will better give us the fuel to co_evolve our self + become more sensitive to our natural enhanced limits. giving us tools for students then to write these investment proposals always on the table.

 so now we receive the flow of life as good science overrides the fragmented that has corrupted, etc.

we would like to see your markets reach out to local communities with out sharing the missing links, no longer accepting from afar or giving to afar.

rather as suggested by Masonubu Fukuoka build together community food forests, so traditional permaculture/agro_ecology redefines this shift. so no more can anyone come in + take control. rather locals just keep getting stronger + stronger as they local now gain harmony to protect.

students can recycle old + new/network + bring ideas to trigger + co-evolve as community together defines which way to go.

their is too much for us each to do alone, this is why many upset, misusing/abused, dulling our sensors. we do not have to entrap our self.

calm we must stay in order to gain clarity + physical strength, to become aware of what is happening before it does. + students can define this in each local community.

so I look forward to working with you one way or the other best suited for your comfort.

peace is our option + if we disburse the issues, the goodness in all can gain energy for then all to flow in a good exchange.

I've respected my limited awareness of you + Nyleni, so perhaps you can suggest another to do this with me.

you can review our thoughts in our forum as we have worked over 30 years to define how efficient we can have peace, stop the war mode + false green economy + share the goodness that right now many live in simple natural communities in patches. that can fuel pockets with out to rethink + redefine what can work.

please take a review of project osic which we would add more subcategories once schools/community help simplify this exchange process or completely put these in your website or whom you suggest. + I will contact them.

I will part time continue to work at this as we network. + I appreciate it if you can post this for all to take part in + give us feedback.

we have yet to fundraise with our US non-profit, so please tell us what you expect funds to be if we merge this on your page, etc. so it is this budget of tools I will work at.

for I know to live stream/teleconference on Skype + others, is happening. we can have live debates + add the virtual tool to open, when appropriately needed. while those politically simultaneously are on top of the much dysfunction that gets voted in due to us unaware, etc.

if Un can collect + log, we can also aid them to be pursue ecologically a tapering transition for all to taper back within local natural boundaries, giving locals now empowerment, not others coming in + controlling from afar as they have.

please realize this repression can remain as baggage that gets in the way here so take a breath of fresh air + please remain calm so creative solutions can continue with all your good work.

thank you, sincerely for what you all do! our combined` effect makes a difference to give us confidence, sensitivity + skills to be in the wild alone, showing us yet another way to gain respect for all life, including our self. when so many set aside these wilds thinking they should be protected for what sustains us, yes some of that is true but only if we can interrelate sensitively with it. it is this awareness that will give us all equality to share this planet, so only natural borders become the rule of law.

for right now in every local community their is destruction + more to come with the war mode + false green developments as people do business that exceed these natural limits.

    we invite you to welcome this proposed project osic into your community, + focus direct with us as we make it work. now sharing in detail these links that thread. so we gain the control locally to stop this abuse calmly.

   this is how we have circumnavigated the pacific ocean on a sailboat we made, redirecting after a bank abused + courts allowed it to detain us at a cost. taking 1 wave at a time to save our life, as weather is changing, but we should not get hung up on what is being marketed. the earth will always change + we can channel this energy into our self if we adapt with it, sharing more clarity for understanding/healing. so no longer just consume, but give back in exchange.

we learn + continue in our exchange. to try to reach out farther. with few solar panels, water desalinization on small/medium scale, a diesel engine recycled, etc. old + new staying in respect of effects left on life in our path. as we continue to downscale so most important our sensors become/remain sharp. for resistance/activism if rebell can dull them. where as redirecting with options that work can fuel solutions. let music + collective potlucks refuel as we suggest in our `way do_in.

Maurice my mate raised in Russia saw the goodness as well the bad as people in the countryside did exchanges that worked, growing together, built outhouses before a house, with great respect + efficiency for all life. so with bio-sanitation/saving own seeds, making clay balls as Masonubu suggests after we do a review of a local `plan, as you welcome your neighbors review as well, etc.

we can fuel + heal our communities in many ways starting with our inner personal awareness wakening as each have much to offer when healthy.

so a shift in priorities, organizing efficiently leaves much to be accomplished for those left behind way too long.

peace, enjoy the day + celebrate! kara j Lincoln

I will update you of new domain/email, for i`m working now at; ictts.org  as I simplify.

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/

                     Peace is an option if we share it,
            `patches + `pockets everywhere are linking,
good folks are building this network along with their community's
                                       eye to eye...
  Join in and let's keep Nabble as a great tool to help all organize
 and link getting real needs met and offerings shared!

   We are transitioning w/your critical thinking using common sense;

       Prioritizing ridding toxic-resolving, w/all to restore healthy working communities locally and afar! Our virtual platform is free to all, as we create together an intro explaining, an archive and message board here on Nabble for education, for you to create with that also makes nice tourism and peace plan  for all to explore, as we save all life on earth and celebrate while doing it!!

 Thank you Nabble and Google, for sharing Humanity's solutions locally and afar to all earthlings!! We welcome you as we transition both sites!

                                      Nabble site;

    http://i-come-to-talk-story-welcomes-all-as-we-appreciate-the-many-sk.22.s1.nabble.com/

                            Google site, under construction!

         Please Donate if have to give, to our US 501.c3 Nonprofit Charitable Association; Label Donation. If want a tax receipt, please give us
                         your info and we will send you one;

            Email kara; farmwuwei@gmail.com

     If I can answer more, or you want to correct us or gather a group until we complete this, for further understanding, young or old, please do!

                           Thank you, for making a difference!
                              Love us at `i come to talk story