Nyéléni international launches a new website!

Posted by Peace is real! Peace is real!
These are people I respect!

Nyéleni newsletter
Jun 30, 2022, 4:57 AM
to Newsletter-FR

Nyéléni international launches a new website!

June 30, 2022 – Nyéléni, the international movement for food sovereignty, today launched its new website ( nyeleni.org ) to ensure easier accessibility and visibility to the material and all the documents produced during more 15 years of struggles for the construction of food sovereignty.

“We are thrilled with this new website. We're pretty sure this will be a key resource for all people and organizations already involved in the fight for food sovereignty or for anyone looking for more information on this topic. said Shalmali Guttal, member of the editorial board of the Nyéléni newsletter for Focus on the Global South.

The website, accessible in English, Spanish and French, is now more user-friendly, compatible with mobile phones and has a better search engine. The content has been organized into three main sections.

The International Food Sovereignty Movement and Newsletter. This section presents the movement and the newsletter as well as all the organizations involved. It also refers to a collection of key documents and publications classified by theme (food sovereignty, land, fisheries, etc.). These collections will continue to be updated with all new documents and materials of interest.

The Nyéléni newsletter. This section includes all editions of the newsletter published to date. The newsletter is the only joint publication of organizations and movements involved in the international struggle for food sovereignty, which makes it unique. Over the past 10 years, more than forty editions on a variety of topics have been regularly published (such as land and territory, seeds, migration and agricultural workers, ocean grabbing, digitalization, agroecology, free trade agreements (FTA), corporate governance, nutrition, authoritarianism, climate change, and many more...). The newsletter offers important informative and educational material on complex issues and provides a unique space for grassroots organizations to share experiences and learn from each other.

The Nyéléni forums for food sovereignty. On the one hand, this section includes all the documents produced during the Forum which took place in Mali in 2007: from the material developed during the long process of preparation before the event, to the media coverage and the final reports. On the other hand, there is a link to the new Nyéléni process which is currently taking place and which will culminate in a new World Food Sovereignty Forum in the years to come.
“We are satisfied with this new website. We think it will improve the visibility of the international Nyéléni movement. We also believe that it will allow the Nyéléni newsletter to reach a wider audience while continuing to be useful for all grassroots movements involved worldwide in the struggle for food sovereignty. We hope you will join us in this effort to make the voice of the international food sovereignty movement heard! declared Nadine Nembhard , member of the editorial board of the Nyéléni newsletter for the World Forum of Fisher Peoples.

Website: The address is still the same , enjoy the new site! nyeleni.org

Twitter
Facebook
Website

Newsletter-FR@nyeleni.org