Indeed, isn’t this a movie we’ve seen many, many times? The United States poured billions of dollars of aid into South Vietnam, but we could never get that government to behave the way we wanted. We sent vast piles of weaponry — including sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles — to the Afghan mujaheddin, and ended up helping create Al Qaeda. We bankrolled Ahmed Chalabi’s Iraqi National Congress and listened to his advice about overthrowing Saddam Hussein, only to watch him go rogue after Hussein was toppled. We’ve given hundreds of billions of dollars to the Karzai government in Afghanistan, but that hasn’t made it any less corrupt or any more compliant with U.S. wishes. Needless to say, it’s easy to think of lots of other recipients of American largesse who take the money and the arms and then do whatever they think is right, even if it is sharply at odds with Washington’s wishes.

3 Comments

threefingerjack@yahoo.com threefingerjack@yahoo.com

Re: The problem with arming rebels in Syria..

We are not a nation of thinking people. Never have been. Remember what happens to free thinkers. Need real leader ship, not just self serving top 5 percent.6
Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: The problem with arming rebels in Syria or anywhere..

Hello,

as i once said to UN, the rule of law should be rewritten based on the co_evolving restoration of every local community within it`s natural enhanced limits, as with gauges of agro-ecology. then when we as people share via like ecosystem/subject, it makes self-developing much more firendly when we prioritize our local natural food sovereignty.

this rethinking fuels us to peacefully communicate, + not allow those that gain from war mode + false green economies continue to supply weapons to those striving for clarity.

here in US we have decided to parallel the gov, due to all it`s dysfunctions. + people have goodness if they pool their resources to do what we find works most efficient. then we welcome legislators to come back into their local community + be a responsible participant + know how to then represent, for now they are in the fog + wasteful.

so this is what we think true democracy is, so all in a tapering transition work for peace/restoration for all to self-develop + network what works, not interfere. rather for us all to link + make us all become aware to be a local/global + beyond participant, holding ourself + others locally + afar accountable. for many are left without in every community, sure in different numbers/subject, etc..

i thank you for sharing + invite you to stay updated with us with your local story as you collectively unite with your local community + have a rep post. + we suggest allowing project osic to trigger your thought. + do your best to have one locally from your tradition transcribe + add your `ways that work, for this is not in stone, it is only to trigger your thought;

   http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/project-osic-where-students-open-school-doors-into-with-community-restore-it-s-potential-f7559277.html

we presently are exploring Wiser.org for we feel a global org is necessary to share, due to giving options of great solutions that are abundant when yet so much corruption/manipulation, so as not to get lost in it.

please check out our subcategories for we also are in transition, but when we hear your true story vs media hype we can much better share what we do when in similar mode or do what we can to hold our legislators + Barack Obama accountable. which i do feel we globally need to unite as people to support peace + not wait on them or UN, but do invite them + go on as people to people, with good gauges, so when people are in need, unable to resolve locally, then gentle bells should alert all to better define what is missing. so as to network the many solutions we have globally to reflect with via like ecosystem/subject.

our combined` effect makes a difference so whom ever we can reach we should talk.

peace, kara

                     Peace is an option if we share it,
            `patches + `pockets everywhere are linking,
good folks are building this network along with their community's
                                       eye to eye...
  Join in and let's keep Nabble as a great tool to help all organize
 and link getting real needs met and offerings shared!

   We are transitioning w/your critical thinking using common sense;

       Prioritizing ridding toxic-resolving, w/all to restore healthy working communities locally and afar! Our virtual platform is free to all, as we create together an intro explaining, an archive and message board here on Nabble for education, for you to create with that also makes nice tourism and peace plan  for all to explore, as we save all life on earth and celebrate while doing it!!

 Thank you Nabble and Google, for sharing Humanity's solutions locally and afar to all earthlings!! We welcome you as we transition both sites!

                                      Nabble site;

    http://i-come-to-talk-story-welcomes-all-as-we-appreciate-the-many-sk.22.s1.nabble.com/

                            Google site, under construction!

         Please Donate if have to give, to our US 501.c3 Nonprofit Charitable Association; Label Donation. If want a tax receipt, please give us
                         your info and we will send you one;

            Email kara; farmwuwei@gmail.com

     If I can answer more, or you want to correct us or gather a group until we complete this, for further understanding, young or old, please do!

                           Thank you, for making a difference!
                              Love us at `i come to talk story

Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: The problem with arming rebels in Syria + anywhere..

here is another `way to rethink;

  The Journey to the Awakening of our Spirit together. WORLDWIDE - EQUINOX - March 20th - 2013.

by Theoldman's Journal (Notes) on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 5:11pm...

 The Journey to the Awakening of our Spirit together.

 This Spring - March 20th - Equinox - is a DAY of Balance and Sacred Ceremony - a RED AND BLUE day started here on Turtle Island and then sent around the world.

 A DAY OF SACRED CEREMONY has been called over the entire Turtle Island and around the world. Imagine the Prayer of every Pipe Carrier and Water Carrier and Ceremonial person opening "their " Bundles and having the largest and most inclusive Sacred Ceremony this land has ever seen and Shared respectfully with those who come forward to Stand; combine this with the Equinox - a moment of balance between the Light and Dark - and the March 20 would begin the Indigenous Spring of 2013 around the Entire World. We will watch and take direction from the Women and then network this concept of UNITY and the SACRED - shared openly with all who respect life. Then we are really talking a Movement of Spirit.

 We are going to open our International Networks FULL ON - the reason - Ceremony has been called for on MARCH 20TH - Equinox - starting here on Turtle Island North America and as the world turns the Morning Star Prayer and Ceremony will be called for in EVERY TIME ZONE. Then as the Sun Sets - a call for the reverse - a Prayer ceremony with the Waters of Life - and then an evening Feast and Gifting to each other. This is the time we have all prayed for and shortly thereafter a Movement around the World from ALL the Women of the world will begin to form...WORLD WIDE - the reason - our Human survival - and the time to SPRING INTO COLLECTIVE ACTION FOR CHANGE!

 Blessings everyone for your help! Lets "CALL" the Change we want in our world. All it will take is 11% of the STANDING POPULATION OF THIS WORLD - and then watch the miracle of Life unfold.

 (Blessings - hope this gets discussed with the people around Turtle Island and also around the world. Lets bring about change through the choices me make individually and collectively. PLEASE NETWORK)

 (ORIGINAL REQUEST FROM THE ORGANIZERS OF INM)

IDLE NO MORE HONORING OUR SACRED FIRES AND NATIONHOOD GLOBAL DAY OF CEREMONY AND RESURGENCE

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 -SUNRISE TO SUNSET -1DAY.

 We, Idle No More’s founders and organizers, formally and respectfully REQUEST across Turtle Island (North America) and across our global community, on the first day of Spring, to light sacred fires, to gather sacred pipes and pipe-carriers, to gather sacred bundles and bundle carriers, to gather drums and drum-carriers, and for spiritual leaders, carriers of ceremonies, elders, young, and community members in all territories to unite in ceremony.

 We call upon our women, men, two-spirited people, keepers of ceremonies, lodge-keepers, carriers of pipes (as well as bundles and drums), spiritual leaders, communities, elders, youth and everyone to begin by lighting Sacred Fires at sunrise on March 20th. Throughout March 20th, our request for ceremonies is intended to:

- Strengthen the Movement

- Acknowledge and Honour the spiritual foundation of our Nations and the Movement

- Nourish the fire of our commitment to our Nations, Sovereignty, Treaties, and the Land

- Re-Forge/Heal partnerships, relationships, and reconnect our young people and communities to their names and clans, responsibilities, teachings, elders, and ceremonies

- Feast Clans, Sacred Items, Bundles, and to seek direction from Ceremonies

- Raise the voice of the Spirit of the Drum

- Draw upon Spirit to help challenge Canada’s violations to Treaty, Land, and Sovereignty

- Acknowledge that Women are taking the lead by honouring and empowering women as we honor and empower Mother Earth.

 This is also intended to embed a spiritual and cultural foundation for the MARCH 21ST -IDLE NO MORE DAY OF ACTION taking place the next day, the MARCH 22ND WORLD WIDE WATER DAY, and in ALL days ahead as we continue with our momentum -together.

 This call and request to HONOUR OUR SACRED FIRES and OUR NATIONS is put out one month in advance so proper time can be taken and proper protocol can be followed in each territory to seek and invite spiritual leaders, to determine appropriate locations, to plan for ceremony accordingly, and to spread the word to all regions, territories, and communities.

 “Putting the Spirit First”

 An Anishinaabe woman from the Treaty #3 territory recently shared that in all aspects of the movement, we should “put the spirit first.” Beyond the political advocacy and assertions of Nationhood, she recounted the central role that major ceremonies such as shake-tents, sweats, and gatherings of pipes played in helping to defeat the 1969 White Paper. Canada is actively passing nine legislations that together function as the White Paper now in 2013 – in law form to neutralize our Nations, dismantle our connection to treaty, and to target the land we share. We ask you to stand with us, to work together in solidarity in a good way, and for us all to ensure we are “putting the Spirit first” in our opposition to this matter, as well as in our unity.