people come help w/these thoughts please; Keystone XL/TTP/Free Trade + other US partnerships/Sustainable Energy For All by 2030..

Posted by Peace is real! Peace is real!
i share this with President Barack Obama to rethink + share transparency for the US participation in keystone XL/ Fast Track TPP/Free Trade/Lapsset, + others..

    as well UN Sec General Ban Ki Moon whom is leading this global initiative, the Sustainable Energy For All, that invites all to participate;

                                    http://www.se4all.org/about-us/

          i don`t know about you, but it is very difficult to see so much bad development that has been allowed to happen.even though Un has logged a lot of nice reality of what should be done, but all has not..

   + i have been just as guilty as we should say we have allowed it to happen. by not being 100% active. never before have i seen how people can make good decisions, then to take part as i have in Charleston + surrounding cities in Oregon these last years on various community decisions + actually see the reality of it going in the direction the people choose..

   was it debated w/skilled people reflecting, not always. so we would be left w/what we thought we knew best. + that is not always the best choice.

   although we did not have a lot of speaking time always, their was still a way to follow up. + sure some legislators are still not directly communicating + should w/at least a community representative.

but we still think they should come back into their community + be more of a participant, knowing well what is needed or to rid or offerings to share.

  we welcome you to come talk in our restructuring, for our idea working w/ students is they could do their walkabout along side a legislator to help them get back on track, then to transition what needed + prioritize w/the local community, after reflecting via this tool we are working at.

   making it more friendly for us to transcend our local communities, w/out fear that another will manipulate or a fragmented science will take over, interfering in local`s ability to self sustain.

so in saying that we question all these resources in need of for this proposed project;

         Sustainable Energy For All..

that is good when Iceland President whom is part, states his fisherman + locals did their transition.

  so does that mean you will be sensitive w/all local communities, as we ask you know, for Iceland does a lot of good simple living + are vigil as they did a great job w/their bankers as they held them accountable, gave their funds they stole back to the locals + put those they could find in jail. + have bounty hunters after the others.

            we all know what you did Barack to ours, + how some now are still manipulating, same w/the small fines many are paying that do not even amount to their unethical gains. then they sell their losses, do right offs + those that purchased the notes are still after those of us that owe. when yet at before the time of loss in 2008, they would not allow us to re figure, rather we had to be past the due date, when already to late, etc..

                 the point of this post is to see how we can be indicative w/every restoration..

   we feel w/our proposed platform/tool, name yet to be defined as we will focus direct together, triggering locals thoughts by students reflecting w/such sensitivity from those simply living self reliant.. w/hands on w/what sustains them, having a better idea of solution oriented options, as we welcome them to post.

   we feel this way locals will choose how best to do what it takes. + sure if they have no resources, for many folks are left behind w/out basics. so this is where partnership could help, but only to give them set up starting ability for a local collective to do the initial research work defining if they need it. so this is a learning curve for them to reflect via like ecosystem/subject + season w/the many in the world already do_in..

    making decisions working w/their local students do_in their walkabout collecting what should be. then bring it home to locals eye to eye + let locals define. so now they collaborate if in need to live local, buy local, sell local..

   we are not supporters of large grids when yet large browsers + micro biome(s) should lead our path + mother earth does best when we restore/build within her enhanced limits. working in transition w/the many already leaving negative effects as we suggest in our `plan, where all are supported to come to the table + participate. let me repeat Professor Miguel Altieri`s idea of enhanced;

       enhance food security while conserving natural resources... Enhance recycling of biomass and optimizing nutrient availability.. enhance its sustainable productivity in order to ensure food security and the sustainable... as a conduit for the dispersion of natural enemies within the field thus enhancing their impact on pest populations.

       Miguel have you placed an opinion + could help us rethink these issues?? direct us to your work already done??
                        we appreciate hearing from all, for we know that if we share what works, the sensitivity respecting each community to do their own restoring will empower them most efficiently.

 we look forward to transcending any negative thought from the much development done wrongly that also can be tapering into a transition. + feel our project can trigger this thought where it has not already been done from the many folks simply living in harmony `boon w/their natural world.

   we have a `plan in the building where our local students working w/their local community can do this + am willing to share..

     so local sovereignty is respected as each regain their self reliance w/ mother earth in balance, plus this enables us all to link our earth for all life that sustains us to be in harmony.

           their is no isolated ecosystem. we all are interdependent + peace is our option if we simply respect mother earth`s enhanced limits..

  thank you for what each of you do to help us better understand + act so all can become a responsible local, global + beyond participant!

   kara j lincoln

4 Comments

Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: ok people come help w/these thoughts please; TTP/Free Trade + other US partnerships/Sustainable Energy For All by 2030..

Fast track stopped, but is it dead?

by David Cay Johnston @DavidCayJ January 31, 2014

Reid's stand for open debate on trade agreements is something all Americans should cheer
Topics: Economy Commerce & Trade Law & Justice
Harry Reid

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., at a news conference at the Capitol in Washington.
Pete Marovich/Bloomberg/Getty Images

Some good news for most Americans: Free trade agreements, which have been negotiated in such deep secrecy that even Congress does not know what they contain, will not be rushed through the Senate.

In a rebuke to the White House, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada on Wednesday rejected the so-called fast track approval of trade agreements. President Barack Obama wanted an extension of the rule that requires a simple up or down vote on treaties — no modifications allowed — which means perfunctory debate.

Reid’s declaration is especially significant for two massive imminent deals, the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership. These deals would add hundreds of thousands of pages of finely detailed new rules on how goods and services cross borders. Just how many pages there are is as much of a mystery as just what those rules would be, with the exception of one leaked chapter from TPP on intellectual property. It runs 30,000 words.

Although we hear all the time about how much regulations thwart businesses, companies are the source of most regulations. Corporations spend vast sums on lawyers, lobbyists and other experts to add and revise government regulations, which can be fashioned to damage competitors, insulate markets from new firms, weaken labor and create barriers to litigation when companies cause harm.

As for companies too small to participate in the negotiations, they would have almost no chance under fast track to learn how they might be affected or to lobby for fairer rules.

Similarly, consumer organizations and unions must criticize without knowing what is in the proposed trade deals and what consequences will likely follow once the deals are locked into law.

If Reid stands firm, it means new trade deals are likely to be worked out in the open, where the people and their elected politicians can debate the merits. In other words, it will be a victory for democracy.

Union reactions

Opinions on Reid’s decision varied among the biggest players in manufacturing and industrial unions.

“Good call by Harry,” Leo Gerard, president of the United Steelworkers, told me. The steelworkers, the most progressive industrial union, with members in many basic industries beyond steel, got to see the initial proposals but were not at the negotiating table even though the trade agreement would significantly affect its 850,000 working members.

On the other hand, Reid’s statements disappointed the National Association of Manufacturers. Linda Dempsey, its vice president for international economic affairs, said the NAM was not surprised by Reid’s action, adding that “manufacturers need a much more robust U.S. trade policy ... to sustain and grow manufacturing jobs here in the U.S.”

Dempsey called fast tracking, formally known as trade promotion authority, “absolutely critical” to increasing trade with countries beyond the 20 with which the U.S. now has agreements.

Michael Stumo, who heads the Coalition for a Prosperous America had a more nuanced view. His organization consists in good part of manufacturers and agriculture companies but mostly domestic rather than multinational firms.

Public debate is the standard America should promote because open and responsive accountability to the people is our true heritage.

“Congress should handle trade agreements — what are really global governance agreements — through the regular order,” he says. “Congress should retain its ability to analyze, debate and amend the trade agreements just like they do any other bill.”

The coalition favors trade, but its focus is not on the volume of trade but on balancing exports and imports.

“Balanced trade will grow our gross domestic product,” Stumo said. “The increased trade goal approach has resulted in record trade deficits that have shrunk the economy.”

The numbers bear him out. Since 1992, imported goods have been growing three times faster than exports.

In 1992, the year before the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico was approved and two years before it took effect, the U.S. ran a trade deficit in goods. In 2013 dollars, the deficit came to $140 billion, mostly because of imported oil and natural gas.

That deficit has ballooned since then. In the first 11 months of 2013 it was $633 billion, Census data show. That was down from $753.7 billion for all of 2011, in large part because the United States is producing so much more of its own oil and natural gas.

The more recent trade deal between the U.S. and South Korea has also resulted in an explosion of imports from Seoul but only a trickle of increased exports. Adding trade in services does not overcome all the red ink the goods data.

Protecting the republic

To be sure, public debate on trade policy will not be fast or easy. The process is sure to be slow and contentious. But the idea of our Constitution is that power should be checked and balanced. The framers designed a system that was slow to approve changes, giving time to reveal flaws in ideas before they became foundations doomed to collapse, while good ideas would withstand the pressure of scrutiny before becoming law.

Treaties, once signed by a president, with the consent of two-thirds of the Senate, become the supreme law of the land. That is important because of rumors that the TPP would expand the existing ability of foreign companies to sue U.S. firms for damages and to attack U.S. environmental, labor and safety laws.

History is not on the side of such agreements. The United States’ existing free trade deals have been economic disasters, especially for working-class people, who have watched their jobs disappear or move overseas as global level companies reduced domestic manufacturing. They are not about free trade at all but about carefully managing the rules to benefit those who have lobbyists at the closed-door meetings where the detailed regulations are written.

More than a decade ago, former Attorney General Edwin Meese — now a senior fellow emeritus at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank — argued against public debate on trade deals, a policy that Heritage continues to promote. Without fast track approval, “the president is denied an equal footing when he attempts to negotiate trade agreements on behalf of America,” Meese wrote. Heritage cited his argument just this week.

What Meese and Heritage want is for the United States to lower its standards to those of dictators. Public debate, with a bright spotlight so no corner is in shadows, is the standard America should promote because open and responsive accountability to the people is our true heritage.

The United States is not a weak party in trade negotiations. It is the biggest market in the world and, at least for now, its technological prowess is enormous. It is others who want access to our markets as much as we would like to ease our access to theirs.

If the terms of the proposed Pacific and Atlantic trade deals are sound, they will withstand public scrutiny and the slow, deliberate process that the framers put in our Constitution to protect the republic from not only rash actions but those who would tilt economic playing field to favor themselves.

David Cay Johnston, an investigative reporter who won a Pulitzer Prize while at The New York Times, is a best-selling author who teaches the business, tax and property law of the ancient world at Syracuse University College of Law.

The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera America's editorial policy.

                     Peace is an option if we share it,
            `patches + `pockets everywhere are linking,
good folks are building this network along with their community's
                                       eye to eye...
  Join in and let's keep Nabble as a great tool to help all organize
 and link getting real needs met and offerings shared!

   We are transitioning w/your critical thinking using common sense;

       Prioritizing ridding toxic-resolving, w/all to restore healthy working communities locally and afar! Our virtual platform is free to all, as we create together an intro explaining, an archive and message board here on Nabble for education, for you to create with that also makes nice tourism and peace plan  for all to explore, as we save all life on earth and celebrate while doing it!!

 Thank you Nabble and Google, for sharing Humanity's solutions locally and afar to all earthlings!! We welcome you as we transition both sites!

                                      Nabble site;

    http://i-come-to-talk-story-welcomes-all-as-we-appreciate-the-many-sk.22.s1.nabble.com/

                            Google site, under construction!

         Please Donate if have to give, to our US 501.c3 Nonprofit Charitable Association; Label Donation. If want a tax receipt, please give us
                         your info and we will send you one;

            Email kara; farmwuwei@gmail.com

     If I can answer more, or you want to correct us or gather a group until we complete this, for further understanding, young or old, please do!

                           Thank you, for making a difference!
                              Love us at `i come to talk story

Peace is real! Peace is real!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamu_Port_and_Lamu-Southern_Sudan-Ethiopia_Transport_Corridor

                                                 http://www.savelamu.org/

                                           http://lapssettracker.blogspot.com/

Peace is real! Peace is real!

Re: ok people come help w/these thoughts please; TTP/Free Trade + other US partnerships/Sustainable Energy For All by 2030..

MEMBERS OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL'S HIGH-LEVEL GROUP ON SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL

Co-Chairs

Kandeh Yumkella , Chair of UN-Energy, and Director-General, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation Charles Holliday , Chairman, Bank of America

Principals

Farooq Abdullah , Minister of New and Renewable Energy, India
Suleiman Jasir Al-Herbish , Director-General, OPEC Fund for International Development
Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber , Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Masdar
Adnan Amin , Director General, International Renewable Energy Agency
Peter Bakker, President, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
John Browne , Partner and Managing Director, Riverstone Holdings
Steven Chu , Secretary of Energy, The United States
Helen Clark , Administrator, United Nations Development Programme
Luciano Coutinho , President, Brazilian Development Bank
Brian Dames , Chief Executive Officer, Eskom
Aliko Dangote , President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group
Christine Eibs Singer , Co-Founder, E+Co
Ditlev Engel , President and Chief Executive Officer, Vestas Wind Systems A/S
Wolfgang Engshuber , Chairman, Principles for Responsible Investment
Carlos Ghosn , Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Renault-Nissan Alliance
William D. Green , Chairman, Accenture
Timur Ivanov , Director General, Russian Energy Agency
Georgina Kessel , Director General, National Bank of Public Works and Services, SNC (Banobras)
Michael Liebreich , Chief Executive Officer, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Edison Lobão , Minister of Mines and Energy, Brazil
Peter Löscher , President and Chief Executive Officer, Siemens
Helge Lund , President and Chief Executive Officer, Statoil
Julia Marton-Lefèvre , Director General, International Union for Conservation of Nature
Ibrahim Mayaki , Chief Executive Officer, New Partnership for Africa's Development
Mark Moody-Stuart , Chairman, Foundation for the UN Global Compact
José da Costa Carvalho Neto , Chief Executive Officer, Eletrobras
Andris Piebalgs , Commissioner for Development, European Commission
James E. Rogers , Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Duke Energy
Sanjit 'Bunker' Roy , Founder and Director, Barefoot College
Zhengrong Shi , Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Suntech Power Holdings
Andrew Steer , Special Envoy for Climate Change, World Bank
Achim Steiner , Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme
Timothy E. Wirth , President, United Nations Foundation
Chen Yuan , Chairman, China Development Bank

Technical Group
Al Binger , Energy Science Advisor, Caribbean Community Climate Change Center
Fatih Birol , Chief Economist, International Energy Agency
Abeeku Brew-Hammond , Board Chairman, Energy Commission of Ghana
Mark Fulton , Global Head of Climate Change Investment Research, Deutsche Bank
Vijay Iyer , Director, Department of Sustainable Energy, World Bank
Daniel Kammen , Professor, University of California, Berkeley
Susan McDade , UN Resident Coordinator for Uruguay
Vijay Modi , Professor, Columbia University
Nebojsa Nakicenovic , Deputy Director, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis; Professor, Vienna University of Technology; Director, Global Energy Assessment
Petter Nore , Director and Head of Department, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation
Richard Samans , Executive Director, Global Green Growth Institute
Leena Srivastava , Executive Director, The Energy and Resources Institute

Peace is real! Peace is real!